Click on Job Title to Expand Description
An individual who, under professional supervision, provides assistance with nutritional and environmental support, personal hygiene, feeding and dressing.
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the qualified Supervisor
Risk of Occupational Exposure To Blood Borne Pathogens: B: limited exposure
A High school diploma or equivalent.
Completion of a training for personal care services.
Will have a minimum of one (1) year experience as a professional.
Must have a criminal background check.
Current CPR certification, or obtained with in the first 30 days of hire.
Speaks, reads, and writes and able to communicate effectively in English.
- Perform tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
- Report in writing, on agency forms, to the Supervisor on each client assignment.
- Promptly report any significant changes observed or reported in the client's condition to the Supervisor.
- Confer as required with the Supervisor regarding client's progress.
- Provide Personal Care services which may include
- assistance with bathing
- getting in and out of bed
- teeth, mouth, denture and hair care
- assistance with mobility and ambulation including use of walker, cane or crutches
- changing of bed and laundering the bed linens and personal clothing
- skin care excluding wound care
- care of glasses and hearing aids
- assistance with dressing and undressing
- toileting, including use and care of bedpan, urinal, commode, toilet
- light cleaning in essential areas of the home during personal care activities
- meal prep, food purchasing, meal serving
- simple transfers, including bed to chair or wheelchair and reverse
- accompanying the client to obtain medical diagnosis and treatment
- other as outlined on service plan.
- Follow Standard precautions/proper infection control when providing client service.
- Maintain client confidentiality per HIPAA and Agency policy guidelines.
- Perform ONLY tasks specified for each individual client on the service plan.
- Follow emergency procedures in the event of any medical or non-medical situations.
- Follow client rights at all times.
- Record each activity performed on each case on a daily basis.
- Report any incidents or client changes immediately to the Supervisor.
- Submit Daily Activity Sheets and record accurately on a timely basis (weekly).
- Follow instructions, is punctual and is at work as scheduled.
- Follow all agency policy and procedures.
- Attend in-service education annually per agency policy.
- Maintain effective communication with client, family, supervisor and other team members.
- Follows instructions, is punctual and attendance is acceptable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is able to lift, turn and transfer clients weighting up to 150+ pounds.
Is able to carry bundles upstairs weighing up to 10 pounds.
Must be able to stoop and bend.
Must be able to travel to prospective client's place of residence.
Must be able to hear and effectively communicate in English.